Papakaio School is 150 years old in 2017.
The weekend’s draft programme of events is as follows:
1) Friday 14th April 2017 Venue: Papakaio Community Centre
- 6pm registration, meet and greet, bar to own account
- Background Memorabilia Video presentation
- Canapés served
- Welcoming comments
2) Saturday 15th April 2017 Venue: Papakaio School
- 10:15 Start - Welcome to the School. Morning Tea provided.
- 10:30 Display of school activities, including today's technology in the classroom, a historic school environment and many other events & activities with current students participating.
- Bouncy castles will be on site, along side the "famous" slide.
- 12:30 Lunch provided
- 1:30 Class and/or Era photos taken
- 2:00 Anniversary tree planting or cake cutting
- 3:00 Afternoon tea provided
- 4:00 At leisure
3) Saturday 15th April evening. Venue: Papakaio Community Centre
- 6:00 Pre-dinner drinks - own account
- 7:00 Meal served
- 8:00 Anniversary toasts
- 8:20 Four special guest speakers
- 9:30 Conclusion of formalities
4) Sunday 16th April 2017
- 9:30 Easter Sunday Church Service at Papakaio Church. Guest speaker: Michael Trengrove
- 11:00 Bus Tour of the district
Costs to attend functions and events:
1) Friday only
Primary school Free
2) Saturday (day events only)
3) Saturday (night dinner event)
Bus trip $10 per person
If attending all events i.e. 1), 2), 3), and 4) as an adult, total cost is $150.
Please mark April 14th- 16th 2017 (Easter Weekend) on your Calendar.
To register interest please click the button below.
If you need any help or have any questions about your registration please email email@example.com
This is a community project, so, if you have skills that you feel may contribute to this Team, please contact the chairman, Ian Hurst, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Principal Gary Shirley at email@example.com